Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Koreans in Town - Day 2

Co Seng and Harvey brought them to Rangoon Road’s famous Bak Kut Teh (Pig Bone Soup) stall fer breakfast.
They loved it!

Met them in the afternoon.



They visited the Esplanade, City Hall and Supreme Court.
And like almost all tourist, they imitated Stamford Raffles.

Along Cavenagh Bridge to Fullerton Hotel.

Took the underpass route to the Merlion attraction!
STB’s gimmicks really pull it off.

To us, it’s just another Merlion.



To them, it’s loads of photo-taking opportunity.



I suggest they should dot our tiny island with many merlions just like the multifarious Dol Hareubang in Jeju Island.



Domesticated and Spurting Merlion!


Walked around Orchard’s shopping belt next.

Gawd, they actually spent 1.5hours at Tangs choosing Kwang Woon’s purrfect sunglass.
Alas, Kwang Woon’s chosen sunglass was not mean to be.
The only pair left had defects on it.


Dinner at Sanur Indonesian Restaurant with Co Seng, Miao, Alvin, Shijie and his friend.
The food was a MINUS 10.


Rice Table’s so much better than theirs.



Shijie, Alvin and I brought them to Night Safari at 9pm!

It’s been 14 years since I last stepped in.

Can vaguely remember a thing.
Everything was a blur partly due to the haze.


All I could recall was the dreadful tram ride.

To an 8 year old child, my maid told me I could die from the haze if the psi hits 200.
My future seemed so bleak and I was really upset during the whole trip.
I couldn’t breathe.
My mom scolded her fer it. Hurrr.



So this time, everything’s still so new to me!

The first thing that greeted us was the Hissing Cockroaches..



It was a fun cause we’re lucky to spot the animals!
To boot, about 90.597% were wide awake.


(the decimal place for animals that are slightly awake)









The Most Active/Playful Award would definitely go to the OTTERS!
If I could take the family of otters home, I would.

They communicate with the most unique sound.


Simply adorable.



It's full moon - Werewolf Alert!



Had a one-of-a-kind experience at the Bats Enclosure.
The sudden and swift movements of the bats flying around us all the time almost gave me a heart attack.

This enclosure is definitely not fer the weak hearted.



Managed to go fer all the attractions sans the tram ride which we could actually view A LITTLE more animals. It cost 10bucks more, so no thanks.




Headed to the souvenir shops and this was what we did as a memento.
I wanted an animal stuff toy, but it was too ex. S$32.90.
A polar bear costs S$100+.



Jisu and Kwang Woon each bought a nice wood beaded bracelet fer themselves and an Orchid cum Merlion magnet.



The night did not end here!

Went back to bathe before walking over to Shijie’s house to play Nintendo Wii.
I was such an excellent boxer till I found the game boring after beating Alvin to it all the time.
Or rather Wii’s boring to me after playing a few rounds of the same game.

Felt so retarded when I had to punch the Wiimote and Nunchuk aggressively into the air.
Why not fishing or rowing dragonboat in Wii. Hurhurhur.


Fer the rest (plus Co Seng and Miao), it was also soju drinking session.



Finally, guess what animal is this?!

No comments: