Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Baptism Name

I need a baptism name by this week to be water-baptized next week!

Ok, I want it to be included when I baptise mainly because I really believe naming alter one's life. Your name partly defines who you are. (Sounds like Chinese? Other than Chinese, the only other race who believes in name-changing is the Jew! It's in the bible - God changes people's names! see way below)

Help throw in any biblical name suggestions, anyone!!

I scoured through a while, most of the woman are prostitutes (through God's grace, prostitutes are also mentioned in the genealogy of Jesus!) or their names have negative connotations. It's darn hard to find.

Whittled down to a few, esther (the star), sarah (princess and mother of nations)..

I was thinking of SARAH..


Read her story from Genesis Chapters 15 -21:
  • She was the only woman in the bible who had exceptional beauty even in her advanced years! Even the Pharaoh (Sarah at 60 years old) and King Abimelech (Sarah at an even older age) wanted her fer their harem! No, Pharaoh and King are not 'pa-jiao'
  • She was the only woman to be addressed by God directly (other prophetesses receive revelations through angels)
  • She had her youth restored when she conceived Issac.

"God also said to Abraham, "As for Sarai your wife, you are no longer to call her Sarai; her name will be Sarah. I will bless her and will surely give you a son by her. I will bless her so that she will be the mother of nations; kings of peoples will come from her." Genesis 17, 15-16

She was originally called Sarai (a name which means 'contentious', she dominates her husband. Eg: She asked Abraham to sleep with Hagar to carry his line when she was barren.)

But once God changed her name to Sarah, God breathed GRACE into her.
'Hei' is the 5th letter in the hebrew alphabet, and 5 is the number of grace.

'Hei' means God's breath. When we pronounce 'Hei', it's like breathing out the word. So, when God gave His breath of grace to Sarai, Sarai became SaraH. So did He to Abram, Abram became AbraHam!

See also the power of words! Every time someone called Sarah or when she introduced herself to others, she proclaimed faith, calling herself 'mother of many nations' even before she had a child. At this time, she was already 90 years old!

Subsequently, God called other women after her 'daughters of Sarah' (Romans 16:25-27)



Then I told Alvin, 'Hey, why not you choose Abraham since I'm Sarah.'
Abraham - father of multitudes
Hurhurhurhurhur.

Wells, he is thinking of David. I didn't research on the name, so I can't comment on it. But I think it sounds fat.. Haha. Sorraaay, names that starts with B or D sounds fat to me with a big tummy just that B has a belt on, so what?! So shallow. Hur. MYOB


P.S.: Here's another reason why I like the name Sarah too.

Emily Sarah Lim >> Emily S. Lim >>> EMILY's SLIM

I had actually entertained with this idea about having a 'S.' middle name since primary/sec school just for this purpose 'slim'.
I never knew I'd have a chance to do so (other than paying a great deal of money to add a few letters in your I/C or telling people you've a new name out of the blue one day) till I learned about baptism last Sunday!
My dream came true, I'd be receiving a certificate with my baptized name on it on 3rd Oct! =)


xoxo,
Every Minute I Love You (Ai Mei Li)

No comments: