Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Black Crabby Patties! - 13th Sept



We're supposed to go fishing in the afternoon before heading off fer dinner at Eng Seng Restaurant at 247 Joo Chiat Place.

Alas, we'd to change plans as peals of thunder were heard just when we're about to meet!
Ended up playing mahjong at my place.
And guess what, it didn't rain the entire day at all. Annoying.


Anyway, fer mahjong, I reaped bountifully at the last round: 5 tais. - 4th to 1st place!!
Amanda was supposed to be leading! Hurhurhurhurhur.

No, we don't gamble nor am I a mahjong pro.. I'm just blessed!
I was the winner fer the previous session too.
Shall post up the mahjong scoring board in future. Wahahahahaha.




Strolled to Eng Seng Restaturant fer it's signature pepper crabs and queued fer a good 20-30mins before getting a table.

What did we do in the meantime?
Photo-taking.

Not normal ones, but UNGLAM ones to the max.
Cringe whenever I open the folder. Haha

The above went - “两位的,两位的!“
(for 2 seats! for 2 seats! - we're that bored and just followed what the aunty said at the restaurant)

Worse ones are on my facebook.
Bleargh.




Regina's dad said the main chef had left to be stationed at another branch and the standard of crabs may have drop.
I've only eaten it once (Cheng Xi treated!^^) so I couldn't really tell the difference!

I just think that the crabs turned cold a tad too fast.
(C'mon, it's an open air restaurant, leh. Cheebs.)
And the fact that they don't offer my favourite deep fried golden buns to pair with the chilli crabs, it's a disappointment.

In place of golden buns, white bread was served.
I might as well bring along a loaf of Gardenia bread from my home......
O wells, we still ate to our fill - 2 black pepper crabs, 2 chilli crabs and a plate of youtiao!


After dinner, we walked to Regina's place (it's quite near actually, maybe I can cycle to her place once I get my bike!), got the car and went fer Coffee Club at T3 to have coffee and cakes!

No comments: