Putting up online ads selling hamsters exposed Regina and I to meet people of all sorts.
What we expected was a fuss free buy, take and leave scenario.
Just like what I did when I bought Porto & Bello. ‘Are there anymore available hamsters?’, ‘How old?’ and ‘Where to meet.’
I had never expected my additional ad line of ‘responsible owners only’ would garner long pages of SMSes, and the crème de la crème, a 300 word essay describing her passion fer hamsters! No kidding!
One even asked me to join a hamster club.
More notably, Regina corresponded with an ah-lian and a dad whose lil' daughter has 16 hamsters and still wants more ..
I liased with a gay?(most likely), a woman with 30+hamsters and the list goes on.
A young girl even e-mailed me with much enthusiast, ‘hihi!!!!’ to buy her hamster and would even throw in a discount if I were to go to her place because her mom forbids her to travel.
Stunned. I'm selling, not buying. I've yet to respond. Heh.
Haha, I must say we’re both really tickled by the variety of responses we'd got.
Nothing of such sort happened when I sold other stuff online.
The number of extreme passionate hamsters lovers in Singapore overwhelmed us.
Regina had since set up an e-mail: puddingtonville@gmail.com
We already have a lineup of potential buyers reserving for future puddlets as we’re currently out of stock!
To offset hamster related expenses, I may even set up a website selling the later litter to come during the holidays!
That’d be Christmas Special =)
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hahahahah im like laughing off at my desk now.
heeheeee
Post a Comment