Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Puke on Train - 28th Feb

THIS IS A FOLLOW UP RIGHT AFTER THE SOUTHERN RIDGES HIKE!
ON the way back home on the MRT...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


A boy about age 9 puked on the train.
I felt it as soon as it happened.

FELT, because 2 invisible drops landed near my ankle.
Eeewargh. (headed straight fer the ladies after I got off the train)
I was standing quite a distance away but still..

But this was not the reason that made me blog..
It was because almost immediately, there was a rush of Samaritans extending their help.

A guy gave one of his NTUC plastic bags, an auntie gave one of her handkerchief fer the mom to clean up the mess, another offered the boy water, an uncle patted the boy’s back to soothe him, and the list goes on.

Me? I offered my entire packet of tissue.

At this poignant moment, I felt the warmth of Singaporeans.
A Singapore’s National Day song resounded in my head..
'This is home, surely..'
Corny, c'mon.. but really!

No comments: