Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ni Tamago - 27th Jan



Made 4 hard-boiled eggs with a gooey yolk center in total.
And I ate my first one after being immersed in the marinade fer 1 day.

Had it together with Korean Kimchi Noodles and DongWon Tuna!
Oishi!

Here's the recipe:
Step 1 - Marinade
1 cup soy sauce (I used kikoman)
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar (or brown sugar)
Some dried chilli (I don't have so I used 10 ginger slices)
Leek


Step 2 - Cooking
Pierce egg with a needle at the tip
Boil for 6.5mins (can add vinegar to water to soften egg shell but I didn't. for small egg - 6mins)
soak in ice water for 3mins and peel carefully with egg still in iced water.


Step 3
Immerse egg in marinade for 1-2 days in the fridge.
Eat at room temperature.


The article said to marinade for 1-2 days.

However, the egg became mega salty on the 2nd! (Jasmine ate it)
Bleargh. I'd try to lessen the soy sauce in future!

No comments: