
This was what I've got Alvin fer Christmas cause he simply have no luck with keep fishes in his house.
So Thank God these brine shrimps are thriving well with many more babies appearing this week!
His success rate with these lil creatures surpassed mine when I reared them 7 years back.
At present, there's even a female sporting an egg sac!
I named her Sally and Alvin named her partner, Gary.
Stumbled upon this hilarious nongsensical Q&A about Seamonkeys..
A lil' lengthy, but it's worth the read!
Q: My sea monkey is becoming quite aggresive in nature and I am afraid for my safety. I have made the difficult decision to geld him. His world is about to change drastically. He is very sexually active. I would really appreciate your advise on how to handle the after surgery care and character changes that I am expecting. Will he become more docile? He is now 15 years old and I am afraid he is too mature to handle the change gracefully. What advise can you give me.?
A: I understand that you want to calm your Sea Monkey down but have you actually done anything to make him feel calmer. For one, you could name him. Perhaps his frustration is coming from being dehumanized - or debrineshrimpized as the case may be - and naming him could help him find his identity.
Secondly, he is an adolescent and we know what teens can be like. He is attempting to stretch the boundaries of acceptable societal behaviour and, perhaps, he has received the message that being violent will scare and repel others. This could be his form of rebellion. Unfortunately, he has chosen to couple his aggression with inappropriate sexual behaviour. This is a difficult problem but could be solved with going as far as physical castration. Before you attempt to neuter him try the following:
1. Give him a name and, thus, an identity. Help him explore his identity through conversation and discussions about his place on this wonderful earth!
2. Provide him with information on appropriate behaviour in society and warn him of the impact of his behaviour on others and on his future. Who will hire a Sea Monkey with a record for assault? I know that I wouldn't.
3. Offer him some Depo-Provera® which has been used to calm down sexually aggressive individuals.If none of this works, then you could try to neuter him but be prepared for some serious ramifications! He could be angry with you because he will lose his dreams of being a father and he might be very aggressive. If you do choose to neuter him and he continues to threaten your safety you might wish to flush him. I hate making this suggestion but he could just be a pathological little Sea Monkey and you would be best to keep away from him. I hope that this all helps in some small way...

No comments:
Post a Comment