Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

03S08 Steamboat at Nat's - 20th Jun


(yikes, I realised I fergot to include out form teacher, Ms Lam, in the photo!)

Nat kindly offered his place fer steamboat fer our class gathering!

He called the guys, I called the girls.
Glad that there was a large turnout!
And I finally get to try putting loads of cheese slices in the steamboat after I witnessed how cheese made the stew more delicious at Korea.
Hurhurhur.

That's about it, but I must record what happened earlier on at Sheng Shiong Supermarket when the guys and I went to shop fer groceries! (Yea, the guys always say our class consists of 9 guys and 1 girl.)

.
.
.

Me: Nat, did you get the quail eggs yet?

Nat: No? What's quail eggs in Chinese?

Me: Why? I think it's called An Quan Dan.

Nat: You sure? Sounds like safety egg* to me, haha.
[*'an quan' means safety in chinese and 'dan' means egg.]

Me: Ya! How come I never think of it that way before.. Haha, I think so, I am sure la!

Nat saw a Sheng Shiong worker nearby and called out fer her.

Nat: Aunty,  请问安全蛋在哪里?
(Aunty, may I know where to find the 'an quan dan'?)

Aunty (hollered): 哦,安全套啊?安全套在那边!
(O, condoms ar? Condoms are there!)

Me (shocked): Aunty, 怎么安全套?! 我们要安全蛋!
(Aunty, what condoms 'an quan TAO'?! We want 'an quan DAN'!)

Aunty:哈?
(Huh?)

Me (exasperated): 安全蛋啦!Quail egg, quail egg..
('An quan dan' la!)

Aunty: 哈哈哈,你讲的是鹌鹑蛋啊~ Paiseh, Aunty以为你要按全套!Sorry sorry, 鹌鹑蛋在那边。。
(Hahaha, you mean 'an CHUN dan' ar?~ Paiseh, Aunty thought you want condoms! Sorry sorry, quail eggs are there..)

Everyone laughed.

After the aunty left, I looked at Nat: Nat! OMG!!!!! Hahahahahaha, I am so sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear I thought it was pronounced as 'an quan dan'! Please don't tell anyone!"

Nat: Walao, your chinese cmi leh.

Me: You too what! You also don't know! At least I got 2 words correct, better than nothing!


And so, we had to repeat the joke of the day a couple of times over dinner whenever a new batch came in.

Gawd, my ears were burning hot when the Aunty shouted 'condoms, that way' in a crowded supermarket.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

go and write 鹌鹑蛋 100 times so that you can remember it