Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Giant Q-tip

This post marked my first encounter with a cotton flower 9th of May.
I’ve never seen one before in my life, not even on internet.

knowing that we urbanites rarely get to see such flowers, Alvin’s dad plucked a cotton bud from his office and gave one to me.
I named the giant cotton bud, Q-tip!

When I first received Q-tip, it was like this.


Not like what I pictured it to be - real fluffy, like those dandelions flowers with a tuft of fluff when it flowers.
My Q-tip was like hard rock la. How to dig. Hurhurhur.


Hence, I waited and waited fer it to flower, eager to see how it’d turn out.
Day 1, nothing happened.
Day 2, nothing happened.
Day 3, nothing happened. Picked it up and examine it looking fer the slightest crack. NONE.
Day 4, nothing happened. Squeezed it.

TMD.
It had been 4 days and nothing happened. So I decided to pick up the phone and dialed to complain to the mister,

‘Aye, I think the bud die already la! How to flower? No water at all.’

‘Just wait and see la!’


Geez, yes, I have no patience. Ha-ha.
So irritating. Thus, after hanging up, I dumped it in a lil’ clay cup on my display board and cleanly forgot I had Q-tip!

Thus when I did remember about my giant Q-tip one fine day, (1.5 weeks perhaps?) imagine my surprise!

I looked up towards the display board and this was what I saw!

Yes, it didn’t turn out to be what I’d perceived it to be, a fluffy cotton ball.
My Q-tip had instead split into 3 parts!
Where’s the fluff, man.


It has been more than a month from the time it blossomed.
It is now softer and woollier.. maybe gearing itself up to make many regular sized Q-tips or cotton balls?!
When the day comes, I’d try to use it to remove my nail polishes and update about its quality. Heh heh.


Currently, Alvin’s dad is growing pots of Q-tips at his house and they’re just growing taller and healthier each time I visit them!
The best has yet to come! I get to bring a pot of Q-tips home one day! ^^

No comments: