Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fishing Fun - 6th Jul



Fishing with Candice again!

This uncle in the photo here was beside me when he caught a really huge fish.
TMD. If only I had a more professional rod, I can indulge in fishhead curry more often!
But I don't plan to invest in one anytime soon and besides, Alvin's mommy cook fishhead curry fer me! Hurhurhur.


Another new - we ate our catch!

In truth, we wanted to give all of our catch (our usual practice) to the other anglers but they insisted we take some home to cook or feed the stray cats.
One uncle even gave us a round fat fish! (see photo)
By the way, FEED THE CATS?
Walao. I'd rather throw away the fishes than feed the detestable felines.


Asked Tina to deep fry them whilst we went to bathe..

Tea-time before we head off to I fergotwhere fer dinner - Candice ate the 'Pok-pok' fish!
(Named 'Pok-pok' cause it literally goes pok-pok-pok when they're out of the water)
Gawd, they are so small (length of a mini stapler, go figure), I thought they can't be eaten, so says the other veteran anglers too.
Plus, I usually kick them back to the sea! Poor lil' things. LOL

Anyways, this was my first time eating my catch and I was a bit apprehensive.
(My ex-maid cooked the ikan billis I caught before, but they were fer soup stock)
Asked God to sanctify the food before we feasted cause I certainly do not wish for tummy upset!

It turned out that the Tamans were good enough to eat!
Similar to Kunings (yellowstriped scad), except it has more fine bones.
Wondered why my ex-maid said they don't taste good.

Candice even treated them as Shishamo and ate them whole.
I can't take Shishamo, looking at the bones and the sorry state of its head puts me off.


Yeap, and that concludes my 'holiday' fishing before school starts again!
Till the next time!

No comments: