Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Fraud Pastor

I am not God, so thy shalt not judge.

But IF I were God, I'd condemn Michael Guglielmucci to the pits of hell.
Fucker. Seriously.

It was reported in 2008 that Michael Guglielmucci, son of Edge Church founder Danny Guglielmucci, had fraudulently claimed he was dying of cancer. During this time Guglielmucci received money from supporters who believed his illness was real. Guglielmucci also released the hit song Healer, an anthem of faith for believers who were suffering from cancer. Guglielmucci explained his actions as being a result of a long term addiction to pornography. (wiki)

I was wondering what happened to this man afer blogging about him in May 2008. I have since removed the post as of today. Bleargh.
Didn't bother to follow the news about him after that until someone linked him to my blog today.
Googled and this was what I saw.
EEEEEEEEEEEEISH.

However, I have to admit that Healer is STILL an awesome song written.
And for those who prayed for him to be healed, if you'd been praying in tongues, I think the Holy Spirit must have been praying for his mental health then. Who knows. It came to pass anyway since he confessed.


Read more about the fraud case here.

4 comments:

reg said...

be careful not to judge!

Em S. L. said...

I did not judge for he himself confessed his fking big lie which had made me felt so much so for him tt I had actually written a post on someone whom I do not know of personally. He WAS indeed a liar, who lied not only to his family but to the entire Christian fratenity. He may have a thousand and one reasons why he had to lie, but the (definite article) truth is, he lied isn't it?
Still, as sin abounds, grace abounds much more (romans 5:20). I learnt of this news late and thus am just stating what came to my mind when I first knew of this. Let's see how he will rebound greatly from this in future as though he had sinned greatly, but will be forgiven exceedingly

Em S. L. said...

*as though he had sinned greatly, he will be forgiven exceedlingly

reg said...

everyone makes mistakes. and yes! nobody knows why he did that.
now that we all know and feel that he has sinned, all the more we should pray for him! that he may learn from his mistakes, confess to God (confessing to the public is of no use!), repent and not be condemned.
that's all we can do for now, and God will do the rest.