Just did a rough calculation and here is the maths:
1. 05 holiday trips this year - Cameron Highlands, Jakarta, Bali, Turkey and Borobudur
2. 04 x trips to Indonesia (+1 Bintan Trip during company’s D&D)
3. 23 days leave (6.5 brought forward from the year before); I am still left with an amazing 12 days’ worth of leave.
4. 01 month’s salary (ok, 2/3 of Turkey’s trip was sponsored by Bank of Papa) blown.
Not bad, I thought to myself.
Sounds reasonable, no? It also averages out to be a holiday trip every 2.4 months.
I can proudly say I’m an expert holiday planner. ;)
It all boils down to advance planning to coincide trips with public holidays and meticulous research from lodging to eating (types of local culinary dishes to try) for each of the trips.
My goal is to cover as many famous touristy sites and off - beaten tracks as possible. Club Med kind of holiday is in the cards too, but that is only when I slow down my pace in my twilight years.
For now, I think the closest I’d ever agree to is a half day frolic/relaxation at the beach.
Indeed, this year is crowned with His goodness and my path dripped with abundance.
Despite my numerous trips, I’m still able to get by comfortably and have ample fun.
I pray that this will continue to be an annual affair, a few short ones and one looong one.
Till then!
Happy Holidays!
- Posted from BlogPress, iPhone
Thursday, December 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment