Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Emily Sarah Lim - 3rd Oct

*Grins*

I'm finally baptized and am officially Emily S.Lim on the 3rd of Oct 2009 (New Creation Church)!
This day is not just my baptism day, it coincided with a special occasion too!

On the Jewish calender, it's Sukkot, the Feast of Tabernacles, a week-long Jewish holiday.
Many scholars believed Jesus was born during the Feast of Tabernacles!
(not Christmas day, cause we know that shepherds were in the fields watching their flocks at the time of Jesus' birth (Luke 2:7-8). However, shepherds were not in the fields during the cold month of December!)


This meant that I'm baptized on Jesus' Birthday! =D *Wider grin*




Alvin and I were assigned to be baptized by Pastor Soo Teck. (Chinese-Service pastor).
I've not met him before, but I recognised his name as he once signed my birthday card from church.


Mon, I didn't know we'd be half submerged in water, I thought it'd just be sprinkling of water on my head!
I only came prepared for have a change of top and not my inner wear.. Hurhur




Judy, our caregroup leader helped us with the photos.


Yea, so you can start call me Emily S.lim or Emily Sarah! (click here for the meaning of Sarah)
Speak forth, speak forth yo! - The POWER of TONGUES.

You’d never see good until you see it first.

Amen.

No comments: