Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Crit Day at HYU


Finally had the time to blog.

Backtracking to ~5 months ago cause just days ago it was like déjà vu.*Shudders*

It’s SUBMISSION. What else.
Sleepless nights.

However, the previous submission would be one I’d never ferget.
It was snowing heavily the night whilst making model.


Sun Ki and Shi Jie kept calling me out to play but I refused because of work.
Alas, the thick layer of snow proved too tempting and I really thanked God I relented as it was the only time where the whole campus was covered in a thick bed of snow in December.


Sun Ki greeted me with a flying snow ball as soon as I reached the ground floor. It was darn painful!!
The rest was history. We snow fought, built a snowman and fought again.
Pictures are still with Tiff, wonder when can I get it from her.



What resulted were frost bitten hands and they were smarting as I slogged through later on that night.

I was blessed enough to have a godsend helper, Yoon Sun, whom my tutor handpicked to help me with model making.

I had her make trees and a few rooms fer me.
She’s a freshman with a good grasp of English and.. she smokes. Haha.



There, my snowy white model and Yoon Sun!


Crit was held at Seoul.

4 from each studio (including me) plus several seniors protected the precious models and panels in a jam packed bus along the way to Raemen Exhibition Hall.

Once there, we had to help build pedestals by screwing boards after boards of wood in time fer the exhibition the next evening..
They were really hands on.


And all I have to say, crit day was fun too!
While waiting fer my turn, I was furiously knitting (yea, KNITTING) a woolly scarf fer Alvin fer Christmas. (I shall show it off in time to come)
But hand me two knitting needles now and I’d just shove it up your nostrils. I totally fergot how to knit. Sigh. Knitting’s a great skill to posses.


Anyways, I was pleasantly surprised when they presented certificates to outstanding students and I was one of the recipients. Coincidentally, my 2 other studio mates who received it were from the same display corner as me!


Here’s something fer an eyeball rolling moment
ShiJie overheard a Singaporean saying, ‘Haiya, we’d sure get the award one la.’ And when he/she didn’t, ‘Maybe they cannot give the award to all the Singaporeans..’ GUESS WHO! Sheesh.
A total of 5 out of 7 Singaporeans snagged the award.

It was photo taking time!



With my studio mates.



With my closer Korean mates!



With Shi Jie and Miao.



Prof Yoo took my studio out to celebrate afterwards.
A 10 COURSE SASHIMI DINNER!



Seriously, I had never seen some of the seafood displayed in front of me before.

‘Eat eat eat!’ to which I graciously did and spat a few odd balls out. Hurhurhur.

Dinner doesn’t end here.
Prof Yoo booked an entire café fer us a few roads down.



It’s in a traditional Korean house but with a Moroccan themed interior.



Ordered various exotic drinks from something shisha-like, to rare Korean tea which required sophisticated brewing.


Then, it was stroll down Seoul’s scenic cobbled streets with art galleries almost everywhere..


Gee, isn’t this how life should be?..

No comments: