Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

Ski Resort - 20- 22 Dec'07

Headed to Yeong Pyong Ski Resort 2 days after crit, 4 hrs journey from school.

Ooo.. as we approached the ski jang, everywhere was covered with snow!
There’s just no snow at HYU. Ptf.


Tried skiing before (like 9 years back?!), so it’s snowboarding this time round!



Shi Jie and Harvey in their gear.



Jisu had a hard time teaching me how to snowboard. (took the left slope)
Only managed to learned how to fall safely as it happened every few secs. -.-

Getting out from the ski-lift fer the first time was yet another challenge.
I slid off with snowboard attached while getting out.


Still, it was a wonderful experience snowboarding with so many friends around you.
But nothing could beat what happened later at night and the next morning!



(It reads: HELLO EVERYONE!)

The Koreans were simply wild. Especially my tutor.
We gathered at the guys room and made such a massive mess there.

Prof Yoo ignited their traditional drinking party by blending concoctions of weird stuff from mandu (dumpling) to cheese and chocolate biscuit crackers, stew, beer, shoju (rice wine), mango juice, tangerines etc fer us to imbibe.

Of course he wasn’t spared from downing the -Undrinkable- either.
Bleargh. And neither was I.

He specially mixed it fer me, with strips of cuttlefish in it. Sick, thought I would CMI cause my alcohol threshold ain’t great, but hey, I was ok!



This drink in the middle was not ours but CJ’s. Eew.
I had a hand in it too!



Some racy photos of Harvey and Otak..
Managed to call it a night when almost everyone underwent the torment .


The next morning, Tiff and I went to snowboard again!



Not before I wrote my name on snow..



And me getting all geared up fer the magical ride of my life.

IT HAPPENED ALL OF A SUDDEN.
Swoosh! And I started snowboarding down the slope with less than 5 falls.

What newfound experience I had! It was just heavenly, zipping down the carpet of snow with many other skiers and boarders, (Could even avoid them, but only to the right. Haha.)
Plus the cool wind beating onto my face.
Snowboarding’s really a cooooooooooool sport.


Alas, my calfs ached terribly after 3 more attempts down the slope.
That’s what you get fer not exercising fer a year.



Then Tiff and I decided to be adventurous by boarding down another intermediate slope.

Spotted a cable car service and took that instead of the usual ski-lifts.
And up and UP we go, thinking it would bring us to the slope we wanted.

Hahaha. And the cable car wouldn’t stop at where we wanted!

It went on and ON and ON fer 40 mins.
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!

Tiff even took a nap.
What the heavens.



Anyway, I took some pictures and just enjoyed the hilly scenery, spying at people who looked like multi-coloured ants zipping down hills after hills after hills.

When we reached the topmost station, we shook our heads and smiled sheepishly at the station masters, indicating we’re not getting out. Hurhurhurhurhurhurrrrrr.

Cause we don’t have the ability to snowboard down.
Unless we’re champions like the lady whom I saw backpacked her baby as she skied. I just think that’s utterly irresponsible of her, risking her child’s life.

Whatever. So we endured another 40mins down the cable car again.

It’s just a waste of 1½ hours, la!

The first person we met and complained to was Jisu after we reached the base.
He was surprised that we bought the 10,000 won (SGD16) cable car ticket just to view the scenery.
Earlier that morning, he and a few others snowboarded down the Dragon Peak slope.



O, so that was the Dragon Peak (highest slope) the ultimate course fer skiers and boarders and it’s S$16 to get up there.

We didn’t pay a single cent. The stationmasters overlooked our passes.
Hur. whatever, only felt consoled after that.


So that’s fer the whole day and by the 3rd day, we’re all dead beaten.
*Splat* *Splat* *Splattered*

No comments: