
Once again, the Biennale’s here!
Candice and I were the only ones who went cause the rest had to rush fer submissions and whatnots.

The first exhibit that greeted us were the mega maggots at City Hall level 2.
Apt place (a former restaurant) to exhibit the gourds where the Korean artiste had nurtured them for a year.

Hah! I love this sculpture and I called it SUBTITTIES!
I’d LOVE TO DISPLAY the white one with pink titties on top of my roof!
*Imagine 'my house's the one with pink subtitties!'

Singapore’s Google Earth Image map!
Having fun at the only interactive installation.
Guess whose house is it and who wrote what?

I had mine found easily thanks to my former sec school acting as a HUGE landmark!
KC was filled with Post –It(s).
My alma mater clearly instilled a strong sense of belonging in her students.
~Once a convent girl, always a convent girl.
Hurhur, but I chose to paste my Post-It at where my house is instead.
Heh, cause no one occupied my spot!

The Kids’ Biennale!
Most of the room emitted a strange odor.. Hmmm…
Lunch accompanied by a cool weather at the War Memorial was pretty romantic fer Candice and I until she let out a shrill. -.-
Ants were busy crawling all over her feet where she spilt Milo on minutes ago.
We headed to South Beach Development building next.
And I must say, I hope this would never be a choice venue for Biennale again.(!!)
I felt so stifled indoors.
The extremely poor ventilation and musky odour put me off so much, I rushed through the exhibits.

Luckily most were video presentations which I don’t mind giving them a miss.
And though I was attracted a few exhibits I could not bear to linger around any longer.
If the organizers had wanted to pull off the dinghy grungy look, they passed off.
Seriously, 2 or 3 of such exhibits are more than enough.
Last but not least, to find a chewed chewing gum (photographed and enlarged x100) a piece of art.. It’s totally CHEEBS.
But this inspired me to come up with a chewed Rabbit (Milk) Sweet exhibit to express my love fer it and my disgust towards the milk scandal. K.... nongsense..

The outdoor environment was no better; the numerous bars of soap 'scent' overwhelmed me.
The stench at the decaying boiled sugar sculpture made me felt nauseous too. (But I’d say great concept fer this!)
Even the bees mass suicide there la.
Only heaved a sigh of relief when we finally stepped out of the gates.
Our last stop was at Central Promontory to Shigeru Ban’s Containart pavilion.
It’s so freaking far off from the rest of the Biennale exhibits to fit into its site.
But I shan't complain as it was a place worth visiting the most!

The exhibit ‘Flight’ looked interesting and on closer inspection, they were actually slippers worn by Changi’s prisoners impaled on wooden poles!
The exhibits here surpassed the rest of the other sites.
For instance, there was a dark room where the floor plates (light beamed from ceiling projector) appeared to be shifting.

And the best exhibit that blew us over was ‘Location’.
The whole wooden structure appeared to have us teleported to a bleak and foggy winter in another part of the world.
Candice commented how great the place were to be if it were air-conditioned and I couldn’t agree better!
There were many more sculptures, portraits and what nots, but only a few outstanding ones.
Ahh.. with that, we’ve come to the end of 2008’s Biennale.
I would say 2006’s was definitely better, and 2008’s a so-so. Tight budget’s not an excuse.
What would 2010’s Biennale be like? Stay tuned!

2 comments:
you remembered the exhibit names?? i'm impressed. did you manage collect the guide book?
only a few..less than 5? haha, i can't remember the rest at all! going to collect next week at The Adelphi, then I can meet Regina up fer lunch too.. Haha.. Near her place..
Post a Comment