Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Fishing - 24th Nov



In recent years, something weird/crappy always happens whenever I go fishing.


What’s it again this time you wonder?
¾ of Bedok Jetty started renovation works on the very day Candice and I went fishing, la.
Gawd, there couldn’t be a better timing than this.


Barely an hour into fishing, or rather dipping, (the tahmans were so easy to catch! High tide time), a truck came.
Almost every angler there started packing.
It didn’t occur to us that they were leaving because of the presence of the truck; we thought it was because the ebbing tide!!


An uncle walked past us, ‘Mata lai liao, you all still don’t want to pack?’ (means police is here, in mix malay and hokkien)

‘Huh? Cannot fish already?’

Wth, since when was fishing here prohibited?
We looked around us, indeed the jetty was kinda empty.
Wanted to ask more questions but the uncle was gone.

Grumbling, we’d no choice but to simply start packing up too.

Took our own sweet time till only an ah pek and us were left.
It was from him we finally knew what was happening.


There’s going to be a renovation going on fer 3 months at the jetty starting 24th Nov.
Wth was the gahment thinking to renovate a crowded jetty during the holiday period?!



Never seen the jetty in such a desolate state before.


As we walked pass the barricades, we realized the other anglers merely moved to the front part of the jetty!
Tmd, had we known earlier, we would have just dragged our rods along!


‘Wah, you all finally came ar?’ (The same uncle who said Mata lai liao)

('F. You')


The other ah peks there were kind enough to make space fer us in the crammed up ¼ of a jetty. Haha



What’s fishing without food?! =)
Candice’s potato chips plus my new improved egg potato salad.

Lunch was great under the cool weather.



Time to count the Tahmans!

We’ve caught over 30+ and gave them to the ah pek who sells them to Nasi Lemak sellers.
I learnt from him that the Kuning ( Yellowstripe Scad fish) in Nasi Lemak is also called Tahman!
All along, I thought Tahman and Kuning are 2 different fishes used in Nasi Lemak.

Plus, I now know how to differentiate the gender of the Tahman. Heh


Chatted with him about the huge ikan billies I caught yearsss ago too.
They made really great soup stock according to my maid.

He said they’d only bite the hook when it’s drizzling(I wonder why) and their market price is 1kg for $15! LOL
Haha, well, till the next time, next year!

No comments: