Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Campin' on our Anniversary! - 19th May

All I wanted was a unique anniversary celebration fer the both of us and I've got more than what I've bargained for! - A hottttt date!





We bought a tent meant for 4, prepared light bites such as canapés which we enjoyed putting any toppings we thought would go well together (gawd.. the blue cheese's stench.. but it blended in well ) and what nots.

By the time we were all ready to go, it was late in the evening.
I remembered Alvin kept commenting who the heck pitches a tent at night (for leisure), it's darn difficult!


Indeed so!
We were the only ones amongst the other campers still busy pitching a tent in the dark.
LOL. We're like dumb and dumber.


When we finally settled down, the canapés had already soften. Bummer.
To top it off, the weather was ridiculously warm and humid!


After dinner, we decided to watch Fantastic Mr Fox on Alvin's iPhone.
Because the screen was kinda small, we've got to lie close to one another, but you know, at that time, it was the impossible.
As soon as the lovely show ended, Alvin and I readily agreed we should go out fer a stroll.
(The stroll here meant circling our tent as by law, at any one time, there should be no unattended tents around)

However, upon realisation that the stroll wasn't of much help, we decided to retreat back to our lil' oven and retire early for the night.
Um, I didn't actually plan for anything other than a picnic dinner.
I thought it'd be just a lazy night out and we'd have a great chat as we lay among the green pastures.


Blessedly, our saving grace was the Jesus-sent rain that cooled us down in the middle of the night.
The pitter-pattering sound of raindrops on our dual skinned tent even sounded soothing.
It lulled me to sleep and I'm sure that was the case fer Alvin darLIN too.




By sun rise, we're woken up by taichi players blasting ching chong songs.
It was only then we aware that the rain had seeped thru our tent!
Miraculously, we're all warm (literally) and dry =)


My ever so helpful darLIN took down the tent by his own whilst I stood on a stone bench from afar guarding our stuff and most importantly, to stay away from red ants (if any).


To conclude, this trip was a bittersweet experience, but I'm raring to go for one again, only during the wetter months next time.



Happy 3rd Anniversary Darling!

No comments: